Department: Nursing ServiceSalary: $48,696.00 to CommensurateAdvertising Ends On: Applications are being accepted for consideration; however, the position may be filled at any time.Job Duties: Staff Nurse position for Mother Baby Care Unit - MBCU (6JPP).
Become one of Iowa's best Nurses - join the Nursing team at Iowa's only comprehensive academic medical center, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinic (UIHC). As a two-time winner of the Magnet designation for excellence in nursing services by the American Nurses Credentialing Center Magnet Recognition Program®, UIHC offers you the opportunity to advance your nursing skills. Work in an environment where your co-workers are committed to excellence, education, and innovation. We are dedicated to providing evidence based, family-centered care while working and learning with a full interdisciplinary team.
Characteristic Duties of our Staff Nurses include but are not limited to:
• Applies nursing theory to the assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and evaluation of patient responses to health and illness.
• Assesses patient health care preferences and expectations.
• Collaboratively coordinates the continuum of care across settings.
• Develops patient care plan based on patient condition, age, and psychological, educational, and socioeconomic conditions that prescribes interventions to attain expected outcomes.
• Implements patient care plan according to patient priorities, which includes interventions identified through nursing diagnoses. Documents/reports interventions and patient/family response.
• Collaborates and integrates contributions of patients and families into multidisciplinary patient care plan.
• Develops, coordinates and implements transfer/discharge planning throughout episode of care.
• Implements nursing interventions according to department, division, and/or unit policies, procedures, and protocols to maintain safe environment for patients, visitors and staff. Follows universal precautions.
Applicant Credentials are Subject to VerificationBackground checks(criminal history, child/dependent adult sexual abuse) will be conducted on final candidates for all positions in UI Hospitals and Clinics. Background checks may also be conducted for other positions.