Department: Research Information SystemsSalary: CommensurateAdvertising Ends On: Applications are being accepted for consideration; however, the position may be filled at any time.Job Duties:
- Lead and manage all aspects of a growing application development team of about 15 full-time staff and students.
- Evaluate, develop, prioritize, plan and implement application development and integration projects, utilizing accepted project management methodologies.
- Serve as a project advocate and liaison to customers and project team to ensure collaboration.
- Develop project plans including project timelines, budgets, resource requirements, change management processes, risk management, key milestones, communications, test plans, and deliverables.
- Assess, recommend and implement technology solutions that are modern, compliant, secure, well architected and are consistent with VPR goals and institutional strategies.
- Understand the diverse needs of the research community and deliver systems that provide value and meet customer requirements and expectations.
- Provide leadership and business acumen to positively contribute to the entire organization, business and IT strategies, customer satisfaction, and delivery of quality solutions.
- Serve as an active member of VPR unit executive team, responsible for collaboration on the vision, priorities, and operations of the entire unit.
- Actively build relationships and partnerships with on- and off-campus individuals and groups to leverage efforts and knowledge, influence strategic direction and establish collaborative efforts.
- Recruit, hire, manage and develop talented and engaged staff.
- Prepare annual and project budgets and monitor and manage budgets throughout the year.
Applicant Credentials are Subject to VerificationBackground checks(criminal history, child/dependent adult sexual abuse) will be conducted on final candidates for all positions in UI Hospitals and Clinics. Background checks may also be conducted for other positions.