At Cummins, regardless of your degree or area of expertise, you have the capacity and the opportunity to immediately impact our organization and our future. As a $13 billion international leader, our diverse business segments range from innovative filtration systems, advanced turbochargers, and power generation to the world's leading diesel engines and components. Our business diversity demands the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of backgrounds. We unleash the power of Cummins by giving you the freedom to take charge, the opportunities to grow and the benefits to build your future. Our commitment to a solid work/life balance is just one example.
At Cummins, you'll help make people's lives better by creating the products that provide jobs and help world economies. You'll help create innovative, environmentally responsible power solutions. You will unleash the potential of your talents as never before.
Our Engine Business has an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Technology Specialist located in Columbus, Indiana.
* Under direction, formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and a good understanding of engineering business systems, industry requirements, and governmental requirements. Includes analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper system requirement specifications.
* Competent to work at most phases of Engineering systems analysis while considering the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
* Provide input and direction for assigned set of related application systems and technologies.
* Work with IT support organizations to ensure application technical quality, reliability, maintainability, performance and cost effectiveness.
* Work with business owners to develop and implement transition plans to common software and/or new versions.
* Able to quickly understand new technologies and apply them to engineering world-wide.
Level of Work:
* The ability to investigate and understand the tasks, people, structure, and tools of a business, with an eye toward improving the effectiveness of the business.
* Understands how to gather and analyze data to support a business case or proposed project.
* Can analyze business facts to maximize benefits of investments.
* Solid understanding of how to foster open communication within department and work teams.
* Expresses views and thoughts when appropriate.
* Demonstrates the ability to listen to views of others and feelings using active listening skills.
* Interacts with people openly and directly. Makes sure people have no surprises.
* Shares timely updates and information with relevant parties.
* Basic understanding of innovation skills and approaches.
* Takes initiative to generate new ideas within scope of responsibility.
* Seeks perspectives of others when solving problems or improving processes.
* Seeks advice when considering risks. Demonstrates willingness to consider new possibilities.
: Business Case Development - Learn how to calculate basic cost/benefit analysis, ROI (Return on Investment) and NPV (Net Present Value)
: Business Process Modeling / Analysis - Work with Engineering leaders and organization to formulate and define business processes based on user needs and some knowledge of applicable business systems and industry requirements. Develops an understanding of applicable engineering processes & how they flow. Ability to map processes, analyze the elements of a process, & improve performance for the customer.
: Systems Analysis - The ability to investigate, understand, and document systems, including business processes and technical integrations, and the ability to evaluate the technology and practicality of a business problem and proposed solution.
: Engineering IT Functional Excellence - Participate in developing and using common EIT practices and tools.
: Analyze Issues - Some knowledge or awareness of how to analyze issues. Demonstrates basic analysis of issues and some application of logic and problem solving skills. Identifies the connection between different issues and problems.
: Documents System And Process - Documents process changes and procedures driven by business process analysis and development.
: Manage Execution - Assigns Solid understanding of how to manage execution. Manages the performance of self through the use of structured tools.
: Problem Solving - Understands and uses 7-step process to analyze, document and resolve issues. Identifies root cause of problems and addresses systemic causes.
: Project Management - Uses project management methodologies to deliver quality results on time.
: Green Belt Training
: Commitment - Shows a sense of energy, ownership and personal commitment to work. Creates a positive work environment with a focus on bottom line results.
: Coach And Develop - Some knowledge or awareness about coach and developing others. Participates as a receiver of structured coaching and development processes and tools.
: Managing Work: Establishes a logical course of action for self and/or others to accomplish specific goals. Ability to plan sequenced tasks & assignments with appropriate allocation of resources.
: Motivate Others - Some knowledge or awareness about how to motivate others. Pushes others when necessary to get things accomplished. Supports others in doing their best. Focuses on bottom-line results.
: Team Development - Cross Train team members on individual responsibilities
: Decision Making - Understands where decisions need to be made. Can direct issues to those who will make the necessary decisions.
: Champion Change - Challenges the status quo and thinks of new initiatives; manages implementation effectively.
: Establishes Plans - Develops short- and long-range plans that are appropriately comprehensive, realistic, and effective in meeting goals; integrates planning efforts across work units.
: Leads Courageously Some knowledge or awareness of leading courageously. Seeks guidance on difficult issues and elevates important issues for advice. Acts decisively on familiar matters.
: Set The Aim - Fosters the development of a common vision; provides clear direction and priorities.
: Think Strategically - Some knowledge or awareness about thinking strategically. Considers implications before acting.Identifies the larger context for issues. Gathers information to aid in making decisions.
Benefits/Company information: Explore superior growth opportunities and enjoy progressive advantages like our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Domestic Partners coverage, and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Please visit www.cummins.com to explore opportunities in our organization. At Cummins, diversity drives our business worldwide, and inspires our work and our lives. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Compensation: Base salary commensurate with experience plus bonus.
Interested candidates please submit your resume for prompt consideration.
Cummins Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace.
Apply at http://webconnect3.sendouts.com/cn_frame.aspx?id=cummins&siteid=webconne...
Submitted on 2011-08-08