Department: Capital ManagementSalary: CommensurateAdvertising Ends On: Applications are being accepted for consideration; however, the position may be filled at any time.Job Duties: The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics invites applications and nominations for the position of Director, Capital Management.
University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics—recognized as one of the best hospitals in the United States—is Iowa's only comprehensive academic medical center and a regional referral center. We are committed to providing patient-focused care—available to every person, around the clock—in an environment devoted to innovative care, excellent service, and exceptional outcomes.
This position is responsible for leading the management of all capital planning, design and construction activities for the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics capital building programs. The Director ensures the development of strategic facilities planning and capital improvements that are in alignment with the broad institutional objectives that optimize total cost of ownership and incorporate best practice models, sustainability and evidence based design into facilities development.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Leads strategic facilities planning to maximize utilization of human resources and capital assets, enhance market appeal, improve healthcare outcomes; coordinate multiple stake holders, facilitate, lead and drive discussions, develop, evaluate, recommend options and execute.
• Lead and oversee the development, implementation and monitoring to ensure capital projects are suitable for their intended purpose, completed on time and on budget, minimize total cost of ownership, comply with regulatory requirements and are of high quality and value.
• Lead and oversee the development and implementation of space and facility standards across the institution.
• Directs operations of the Department of Capital Management, UIHC, including architectural and engineering design functions, construction coordination, hiring and directing activities of consulting architects and engineers; recommendation of bid awards; assessment and management of construction budgets and acceptance of construction projects
• Manage risk with respect to facility design, procurement and development; to mitigate risk for the institution and optimize value and ensure safety for patients, visitors, staff, and assets.
• Act as an institutional resource, evaluate, provide interpretations and guidance concerning facility regulatory and development requirements and effectiveness and utilization of existing facilities.
• Structure and negotiate contracts, resolve internal and external claims and disputes and investigate failures and perform root cause analysis.
• Make recommendations and provide critical information to be used in the development of business models, and financial analysis on space requirements, schedules and budgetary cost for a wide range of facility improvements relying on limited information while utilizing experience and best practices to make recommendations.
• Improve existing programs and processes to enhance the effective completion of projects while maintaining best practices based on healthcare standards.
Nominations and expressions of interest may be made in confidence to the search firm, Witt Kieffer. In addition, applications can be submitted directly to http://jobs.uiowa.edu. Please direct inquiries regarding this position to:
email@example.comApplicant Credentials are Subject to VerificationBackground checks(criminal history, child/dependent adult sexual abuse) will be conducted on final candidates for all positions in UI Hospitals and Clinics. Background checks may also be conducted for other positions.