Department: High Throughput Screen FacilitySalary: CommensurateAdvertising Ends On: Applications are being accepted for consideration; however, the position may be filled at any time.Job Duties:
- Further the development of the University of Iowa high throughput screening laboratory, which is focused on the identification of novel probes of target function and preliminary hits for drug development.
- Oversee all daily aspects of the operation of the High Throughput Screening Laboratory, which will include routine budgeting, ordering supplies, accounting for services, and oversight of service and maintenance of equipment.
- Serve as a resource for investigators interested in developing high throughput screens of small molecules against their drug target of interest.
- Develop and maintain core assays for screening of small molecules.
- Work closely with the leadership to oversee the operational budget of the laboratory, develop a billing structure, and set fees for services.
- Supervise and train laboratory technicians, postdoctoral associates, graduate students and other High Throughput Screening Laboratory users in equipment use, assay development and small molecule screening.
- Establish and implement standard protocols for laboratory operation.
- Supervise, organize, maintain and operate all equipment and resources of the laboratory.
- Develop and implement procedures applicable to the operations of the lab, including those related to safety, security, finances, and personnel. Implement changes as needed, in response to University, federal agency, or other policy and procedure changes.
- Participate in decision-making for the continued acquisition of equipment by participating and/or leading efforts to obtain external funding for laboratory enhancements.
- Assist with overseeing the obligations and mission of the facility by reporting on deliverables and benchmarks for success.
- Work with grant administrators in the College and the University to submit grant proposals to appropriate federal agencies, private foundations, and corporations to secure funding to support research programs and laboratory operations
- Actively participate in the activities of the HTS lab, including, but not limited to, participation in scientific seminars, collaborating with investigators and presenting in appropriate local, regional, and national settings.
- Work with the advisory board to implement the aims for the High Throughput Screening Laboratory.
- Work with investigators to define and design the assays to be performed.
- Keep the laboratory and the University research community abreast of new developments in the application of high throughput screening to research problems of interest on campus.
- Engage in scientific coordination and collaboration with related University of Iowa core facilities and centers.
- Perform other duties as identified by the advisory board.
Applicant Credentials are Subject to VerificationBackground checks(criminal history, child/dependent adult sexual abuse) will be conducted on final candidates for all positions in UI Hospitals and Clinics. Background checks may also be conducted for other positions.