The Land Institute/Salina, KSLong-term food security is the issue of the Land Institute. This 35-year-old nonprofit, located in Salina, Kansas, is working to develop a perennial agriculture system with the ecological stability of the prairie and a grain yield comparable to that of annual crops. In addition to scientific research, The Land Institute conducts educational outreach and public policy work in support of its mission. The Land Institute has:
* An annual budget of more than $2 million.
* A staff of 30 that includes seven PhD scientists.
* Donors from all the U.S. states and 13 foreign countries.
* Recently completed a capital campaign for a new research building and state-of-the-art greenhouse renovation.
The Director of Institutional Advancement is a key, senior position responsible for fundraising and development. This position reports to and is in partnership with the President/CEO. The Director must be an individual who thrives in an environment that demands a broad range of skills and responsibilities. The Director must have a strong work ethic and be able to travel.
* Must have an appreciation of environmental issues as they relate to food production.
* A bachelor's degree, minimum.
* Be a â€œdoerâ€ and goal driven to initiate external donor visits and fundraising calls.
* 5 years-plus experience in professional fundraising/development.
* Interest and ability to make major gift solicitation calls; capital campaign experience preferred.
* Track record of achieving gift targets of over $2M annually.
* Demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively.
* Strong skills in verbal communications and public speaking.
Apply To Job