ScienceStage.com - The universal online portal for science, advanced teaching, and research.
ScienceStage.com is a virtual conference room, lecture hall, laboratory, library, and meeting venue all in one. It offers new methods of scientific presentation, scientific discourse, and academic knowledge transfer by using video streaming, audio streaming, and text features.
The internet will undoubtedly be the primary medium for transferring scientific knowledge in the future. Up until now there have been substantial shortcomings in the creation and transfer of knowledge. These result from a significant separation of the different fields of science, a fundamental split between science and practice as well as substantial differences between countries in terms of their attitude toward science and the teaching of science.
ScienceStage.com will confront and remove these barriers. Scientific theory and practice will be combined on a national, international, and interdisciplinary level. ScienceStage.com will enable scientists, lecturers, academics, students, and practitioners from all fields to present and share ideas and findings through video streaming, audio streaming, and text documents. They can make use of classical community functions such as chat, email, and blogs; and they can set up virtual rooms, assess contributions, make interesting contacts, and much more.
ScienceStage.com offers the following primary features:
- Publishing and managing of video and audio clips (e.g., lectures, interviews, documentaries)
- Publishing and managing of text documents (e.g., scientific papers, lecture notes, study documents)
- Commenting, assessing of contributions, and embedding of all media
- Creation of playlists and lists of favorites
- Community and networking functions: creating personal or institutional profiles (e.g., for individuals, universities, institutes, publishers), messaging, contacting, commenting
- Creating groups (e.g., for virtual classrooms, venues, special topics)