The Client Service Representative provides excellent service and support through clear and consistent information about campus housing in response to inquiries from students and their families, and provides significant administrative services to campus housing processes through front office operations and support of the managing staff of Housing Services. The work has both public relations and administrative elements. The Client Service Representative supports many of the activities that fulfill the vision of the Office of Housing Services and directly impacts the outcome of departmental operations as well as outcomes of other stakeholders.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Provides service and support in the manner of a “help desk” or customer service representative.
- Greets visitors to the department, helps them to feel comfortable, and assists with questions related to campus housing.
- Act as a conduit of general housing information by responding to inquiries regarding campus housing, including website/email contacts, telephone calls, and mail.
- Answers, screens and directs incoming calls and office mail. Triages phones, email, mail, walk-ins, and directs contacts and inquiries, as needed, to the appropriate housing manager.
- Knows general housing information issued to the general undergraduate student population- housing guides, policies, website, posters, flyers, etc. Coordinates with housing managers to keep appropriate information available to students/parents, including both printed and digital media.
- Works with managers to identify situations or pending problems which may prevent delivery of student services or lessen the quality of service.
- Maintains open communications with the Housing Services team; recommends improvements of procedures and processes.
- Participates with managers in training student workers and volunteers.
- Opens and closes front office during normal working hours.
- Monitors appearance of front office and lobby area.
- Supports recurring processes regarding student housing, including data entry as needed.
- Supports housing managers in major seasonal events (sign-ups, check-in, check-out,etc.).
- Creates purchase requisitions.
- Manages office supplies and monitors office equipment.
- Arranges payroll pick-up and distribution.
- Maintains files related to front office operations.
Participates in the building of community within Housing Services and APU.
Performs other duties related to job description as assigned by supervisor.