Department: UI Research FoundationSalary: CommensurateAdvertising Ends On: 07/29/2011Job Duties: The Associate Director of Intellectual Property and Asset Development will be responsible for developing, and managing a new intellectual property and asset development function and unit within UIRF. This position entails managing the technology and innovation portfolio to maximize potential value, which includes finding, evaluating, prioritizing, and developing technologies and innovations for commercialization created by faculty and staff.
Characteristic duties and responsibilities:
- Develop, manage, and deliver on the development of an extensive portfolio of technologies and innovations that span the mix of disciplines, markets, and revenue opportunities that meet commercialization goals
- Develop, manage, and deliver on the development of methods to most effectively engage with UI faculty and staff to enhance participation in and experience with commercialization and innovation
- Create and manage a group of people to work with faculty and staff for the purposes of creating the greatest leverage and efficiency in finding, evaluating, and developing technologies or innovations for commercialization
- Develop and manage methods for finding promising new opportunities of potentially high value for commercialization
- Optimize and manage methods for evaluating, selecting, prioritizing and developing the best opportunities
- Create and manage methods and processes for optimizing alignment of intellectual property and patent claims coverage with targeted commercialization opportunities
- Support the formation of early stage investor networks and forums
- Manage the process for recruiting entrepreneurs and/or external consultants to work with selected new companies or licensing opportunities to develop the business and commercialization strategy
- Manage or support funding programs related to commercialization
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, manage the overall intellectual property asset and business development effort.
- Provide input to UIRF management regarding policy and procedural issues affecting UIRF.
- Lead specific new UIRF organizational initiatives.
- Make presentations to UIRF Board and UI community and other stakeholders as requested.
Applicant Credentials are Subject to VerificationBackground checks(criminal history, child/dependent adult sexual abuse) will be conducted on final candidates for all positions in UI Hospitals and Clinics. Background checks may also be conducted for other positions.