Department: Nursing ServiceSalary: $55,000.00 to CommensurateAdvertising Ends On: Applications are being accepted for consideration; however, the position may be filled at any time.Job Duties: The Department of Nursing Services and Patient Care has an exciting new opportunity for an experienced pediatric nurse to work as an Assistant Nurse Manager with our Pediatric Specialty Clinic units. The selected candidate will interface with the administrative and clinical nursing staff to provide leadership in improving and maintaining the delivery of care processes and to assume delegated responsibility for the implementation of daily operations for specific units and/or patient populations.
Characteristic Duties include but are not limited to:
• Promote positive patient/customer relations throughout the institution.
• Participate in the assessment and evaluation of nursing care requirements for the patient population.
• Assist in the development, implementation and evaluation of standards of care for a patient population that are consistent with current nursing practice.
• Assess patient care to ensure that patient assignment system reflects patient care needs and staff capabilities.
• Monitor and contribute to individual patient care and discharge planning activities.
• Collaborate with multidisciplinary team members to implement care planning activities.
• Serve as a role model for staff by demonstrating clinical expertise when providing direct patient care.
• Practice according to approved policies, procedures, protocols and practice guidelines.
• Assess available resources to provide patient care and recommend changes in staffing based on unit needs and cost.
• Establish priorities for patient care unit(s) based on changes in patient population and availability of resources.
• Collaborate with the Nurse Manager to assist with implementation of strategic plans.
• Coordinate implementation of specific action plans at the unit(s) level and aimed at meeting priority goals and objectives.
• Responsible for twenty-four hour management of patient care area(s) to ensure that optimal patient outcomes are achieved in the absence of the Nurse Manager.
• Identify operational problems and take corrective action.
• Provide feedback and support to nurses and support staff to assist with performance improvement.
• Perform human resource functions including interviewing, selection, training, performance evaluation, salary determination, promotion and disciplinary action
Applicant Credentials are Subject to VerificationBackground checks(criminal history, child/dependent adult sexual abuse) will be conducted on final candidates for all positions in UI Hospitals and Clinics. Background checks may also be conducted for other positions.