Department: PediatricsSalary: $74,103.00 to CommensurateAdvertising Ends On: Applications are being accepted for consideration; however, the position may be filled at any time.Job Duties: BASIC FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITY
Function as an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner in Pediatric Rheumatology. Primary role will be to support the attending physician when requested for inpatient consults, to independently perform outpatient care, to independently perform outpatient care evaluations, triage phone calls and generally support quality care and positive patient outcomes.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrate clinical competency and expertise in Pediatric Rheumatology.
- Function independently, and also as a member of team to plan, deliver and evaluate health care for inpatients and outpatients in the Division of Rheumatology.
- Act as first contact for physicians referring patients to pediatric rheumatology, gathering clinical information and assisting with triage of calls.
- Participate in evening and weekend call (up to 1 week per month).
- Collaborate with nursing staff/nursing administration to monitor and evaluate the quality of patient care.
- Perform medical diagnostic, therapeutic procedures, and prescribe, dispense or deliver medications when a collaborative practice agreement is in place.
- Provide anticipatory guidance and counseling to patients/families with rheumatic disease.
- Document patient assessment and plan of care in the medical record and generate appropriate health reports for outgoing correspondence.
- Enter confidential patient data into the medical record and other appropriate databases; including data for individuals participating in a registry.
- Initiate and coordinate referrals to other health care team members or agencies.
- Provide education and serve as a resource for nursing staff in area of clinical expertise.
- Provide education to external agencies, community and other health professionals.
- Incorporate research findings into practice.
- Participate in development and implementation of divisional and departmental quality assessment/improvement/research programs and processes.
- Responsible for administrative activities and special projects as assigned.
- Contribute toward the achievement of divisional and departmental goals.
- Participate and contribute to activities that enhance clinical expertise and nursing knowledge.
- Participate in professional nursing activities in the department, hospital, community and professional organizations.
- Maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students and the public.
- Identifies opportunities for and creates development plans that encourage employees to attend to the growth of their personal and professional capacity; engages self and staff in collective reflection of the University’s greater role in society.
- Establishes and maintains standards of collaborative interaction among peers and employees that is characterized by respect, honesty and service; assures that all unit members are held to similar standards and ethics; constructively manages conflict.
- Inspires and motivates others to high performance by exercising strong stewardship of University resources, setting expectations, measuring success through individual performance evaluations, and driving organizational results.
- Manages the talents, strengths and behaviors of each individual in a diverse work group, while providing each employee with the opportunity to contribute to the goals of the unit. Works to assure that all employees are respected and treated consistent with University policies in regard to equal employment opportunity and diversity.
Applicant Credentials are Subject to VerificationBackground checks(criminal history, child/dependent adult sexual abuse) will be conducted on final candidates for all positions in UI Hospitals and Clinics. Background checks may also be conducted for other positions.